John is passionate about helping people. This is why he chose to establish this boutique law firm that focuses on helping everyday people assert their rights. He has represented individuals, small and medium-sized businesses, public and private corporations, financial institutions, executives and professionals in a range of matters that are important to their welfare and wellbeing.
While John provides general legal advice, he specialises in guiding people through the complexities of three areas of law – family law, personal injury law and insurance law.
- When it comes to Family Law, John takes a holistic approach to solving disputes. He understands how stressful and emotional property and parenting disputes can be for everyone involved, so he focuses on helping his clients achieve the best possible settlement so that everyone in the family can make a new and positive start to life.
- Personal injury and compensation issues often involve people who have experienced significant physical and emotional pain and trauma. With this in mind, John handles each case with sensitivity and care. He leverages his extensive knowledge and experience in personal injury and compensation law to make sure his clients receive accurate advice and get the best outcome possible. Over the years, John and his team have recovered compensation worth millions of dollars for clients in insurance and negligence claims.
- Before establishing John and Co Lawyers, John worked for one of the largest banks in Australia and for a leading international insurer. It was here that he gained invaluable insights into how large insurers and financial service organisations operate. He now brings this knowledge to his clients when handling their complex insurance issues.
With over 15 years experience, John has worked with clients of every size. John began his career as a lawyer working in a medium sized law firm in Sydney’s CBD that specialised in helping people who needed to make a claim for compensation, bring a case to court or deal with a family matter. These people had often been injured or experienced very challenging times. John gave them advice and represented them in personal injury, family law and insurance law cases. He has also worked for one of the largest banks in Australia and a leading insurance company. This gave him the opportunity to hone his expertise in insurance law and understand how the other side operates.
John decided to establish John and Co Lawyers because he wanted to support and help people when they needed it most.
When he’s not working, John likes to make the most of his time with his wife and three young and active children. He also enjoys reading, bike riding, fishing and keeping fit.
Credentials and Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Master in Family Law
- Accredited Specialist in Family Law
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Solicitor of Supreme Court of NSW
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Law Society of NSW
- Member of the Law Council of Australia (Family Law Section)
- Member of the Family Law Book